Initially opened as a Famous Players cinema in 1929, the Capitol Theatre was fitted with all the bells and whistles of the time. Throughout the following years, many local businesses set up shop in the building, including a dentistry and a bowling alley. It returned to its purpose as an arts centre in 1970 and was finally purchased by the North Bay Theatre and Arts Community Centre in 1985. Since then this venue has transformed through several renovations into a modern performance facility, yet still retains its heritage beauty. And has hosted a-list entertainers like Tom Cochrane, Blue Rodeo and the Barenaked Ladies.
150 Main Street East, North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A8, Canada